|Players Online||193 / 618|
|Stats refreshes every 5mins|
Section I - Account Management
- A.) Account Sharing
- To keep things simple, if your account by any chance happens to get hacked/scammed and your account has had "multiple/different" IP addresses to have logged in it over the course of 2 weeks, we will assume it was because you have shared access to your account and we will not offer you any support whatsoever.
- B.) Account Security
- Your account is your account. Making sure it is secure is your responsibility. We keep all user data secured and backed up every 2 hours to a remote storage location. If your account security is compromised and it is due to a "hack" in our database, we assume all responsibility and will "attempt" to recover 99% of the items you may have lost as compensation. However if your account security is compromised due to reasons you have brought upon yourself (Ex. "Account-Sharing", "Downloading Suspicious Files", "Visiting fake websites", "Giving out your account information"), you will be held accountable and will most likely not get support from our staff. There are some cases in which we would help, but for the most part, we deny those cases.
- Be active. Remember that although we try to keep all user data as secure and protected as we can, we are not invincible. Make sure you use strong passwords and change your account password every few months
- A great way to protect your character's inventory is using the Lock of Mystic. Use of the lock of mystic combined with the "Auto-Lock" setting in game will keep your inventory secure from any unwanted access.
- Only login to your account in at our official website (http://www.rage-sage.com) and game. Don't use the same account information that you might have used in previous servers
- C.) Account Suspensions
- 1.) Suspending Accounts
- All accounts that are registered and used inside of Rage of Sage Online, can be suspended at any point of time
- If evidence is found of that account participating in "hacking" or "scamming" of other players.
- If the account is found using abusing "bugs" in the game or website
- If the account owner has previously been suspended before using a different account
- If the account is under suspicion of using fraud or other fake information related to credit cards information, bank account numbers, paypal accounts
- If the account owner has been participating in illegal deeds such as "DDoS", "SQL-Injections", "XSS", "Bruteforce" or any other methods of compromising the game-play of our server. Depending on how severe the attack, legal action may also be taken to provide justice to the criminal(s)
- 2.) Re-instating Accounts
- Accounts that have been suspended can only be re-instated (Meaning unbanned) if they fall under the following categories
- i.) Temporarily Suspended
- This is including any temporary suspensions placed on your account done by us either for ensuring your account safety or temporarily suspending a player from playing.
- ii.) Wrongly Accused
- If we find that your account has been wrongly banned (did not deserve a ban), we will re-instate (unban) your account and offer a complete apology
Section II - Character Management
- A.) Character Sharing
- This corresponds to (Section I. Paragraph A). If you share your character with another person for reasons such as "Pet Leveling", "Player Leveling", "Farming", etc. You will be held accountable and our staff will not help for any reasons in the case that your character gets scammed/hacked.
- B.) Trading Updated on June 19,2014
- All acts such as "Trading", "Purchasing from Stalls", "Dropping/Picking Items", "Deleting", are logged as soon as they happen. Trying to hide items from "hacked" characters by using any means of transporting equipment from 1 character to another will be logged and you will get caught.
- 1.) Out-of-server trades
- Doing any kind of "server-to-server" trading is not supported here. If you are caught, you will be punished.
- 2.) Account Buying/Selling/Trading
- Account selling, buying, and trading for any type of currency is illegal. If you are caught, you will be punished.
- 3.) Accidental Item Lost
- If you accidentally sell any of your items to npc, accidentally drop any of your items on the ground, wrongly fuse any of your items, or accidentally delete any of your items, you will NOT GET HELPED. Those are YOUR responsibility to watch over
- C.) Edited Players Updated/Added on March 29,2014
- We are trying to clean up our server from all of the corruptedness of past staff memebers. However, there are always some things we have no knowledge of. If you believe a player to be edited, by all means, send us an email at email@example.com with proof and we will deal with this A.S.A.P
Section III - Chat Management
- A.) Local/World/Trade Chat
- 1.) Advertising
- We are not here to help promote your server. Players found advertising websites or other servers in game will be muted permantely and possibly suspended from the game
- 2.) Spamming
- Spamming the same message over and over again can be annoying to most players that are trying to enjoy the game. If a staff member is online and catches you doing so, you can be muted for up to 24 hours depending on the offense. There are no warnings
- 3.) Flaming
- We all know that this game can get you angry at times, but flaming is not ok. There are many children that play this game and we should not be exposing that to them. If you are caught flaming somebody, you will be muted up to 24 hours. There are no warnings
- 4.) Insulting Staff
- If you do not like the staff member, I could care less, but RESPECT THE POSITION. They are here to help and make your life easier. Insulting them is disrespectful and you will be muted for up to 72 hours or banned for 1 week
Section IV - Bug Reports
- A.) General Bugs
- We will always try our best to fix any bugs that are found, to let players play without worry. However, there are some cases in which we do not know of a bug until somebody reports it and that is where this secion comes in handy!
- 1.) Reporting Bugs
- If you would like to report a bug you have found, you can visit our Support Center and report it to us there. We will deal with all bugs in the order of urgency.
- B.) Bug Abuse
- Abusing (Finding and not reporting) kind of bug found in our game or website, to gain an unfair advantage over somebody else, will lead to a permanent account suspension (Section I. Paragraph A. Subsection 1. Element II). We expect all players to be honest and ensure that our server will have a safe environment.
- C.) Map Editing Updated/Added on March 30,2014
- I do not mind that you wish to make your map more appealing to yourself, but if you are editing PK-enabled maps in order to "hide" or make your characters "out of reach", your account will be suspended permanetly if your character is caught and reported. This is considered "taking advantage" of the ability to customize your client and using it to gain an advantage over other players.
Section V - Hacked Accounts/Characters
- A.) Getting Hacked
- Getting hacked is the second most common way (after getting scammed) of loosing your equipment/items. This is because it is technically harder to "hack" somebody than scamming them. Getting hacked means that your account information is/was available to person(s) other than yourself without permission and that person(s) logged into your account and took items from your account. If you plan on hacking your way to the topin this server, your accounts will be terminated.
- B.) Prevention of Getting Hacked
- Here are some ways that you can prevent your account from getting hacked.
- 1.) Use strong passwords
- Many people use weak passwords so it is really easy for people to guess. Use strong passwords. One of my favorite places to get a password is www.strongpasswordgenerator.com. I realize you probably won't remember it. That is why you can save it in a notepad somewhere on your PC.
- 2.) Don't use the same password from another server
- You can play as many servers as you wish, that is your choice, but under no circumstances should you use the same accounts on here as you do there. This increases the risk of your account getting targeted.
- 3.) Don't visit fake websites
- Most of the times fake websites (phishing websites) have applications that will ask you to "install or upgrade your java" in order to run. These are not real and contain viruses. Once you press ok or allow, the virus will be downloaded onto your PC.
- Other fake websites will tell you to login with your account information to "win free imps" and such. They will NOT deliver. Once you login your information there, their webserver will store it and there goes your account.
- As stated in (Section I. Paragraph B. Subsection 4.), only submit your login information to our official website (http://www.rage-sage.com)
- 4.) Don't download random tweaks
- Another way players get hacked is by downloading random tweaks on the web. Some of the tweaks are infested with viruses. If you would like to download tweaks, visit our forum and there are some safe tweaks which are free for everybody to use.
- C.) Reporting a Hack
- In the case you do get hacked we will try our best to punish the hackers and return your equipment to you.
- 1.) Reporting
- To report the hack create a ticket
- Account Name:
- Character that got hacked:
- Date/Time you got hacked:
- How did you get hacked:
- Items you lost:
- Your IP Address:
- Did you share accounts:
- If you shared accounts, your partner(s) IP address:
- Once you have created a ticket, you will be able to communicate with the staff through there conserning your case
Section VI - Scammed Accounts/Characters
- A.) Getting Scammed
- Getting scammed is one of the most common ways of "loosing" equipment or items simply by not double checking the trade window, or trusting somebody with your equipment or items.
- B.) Prevention of Getting Scammed
- As stated above, getting scammed sucks. Here are some common ways of preventing getting scammed
- 1.) Watch Trade Window
- ALWAYS check what you are getting in the trade. Many times scammers will change the item with something else with a similar icon.
- 2.) Record Your Trade
- This is not really a way to "prevent" getting scammed, but in the case you do get scammed. RECORD or SCREENSHOT it. (Recording is better for us)
- 3.) Don't be stupid
- Many many many manyyyy times people get scammed is because of their own stupidity. This is the internet. TRUST NOBODY. I do not care if you known them for however many years. UNLESS you can PHYSICALLY talk to them FACE TO FACE in real life, DON'T TRUST THEM.
- Usually if you are doing a big trade, get people who can vouch for the person you are trading. Yes, I know I am contradicting myself from above, but usually if you find 5-10 people (Not friends with the person) who says that they are trustworthy, the chances of you getting scammed is decreased. This does not mean that person would not scam you, just the chances are smaller. There is always a chance for the person to scam you.
- COMMON SENSE IS HELPFUL. If somebody comes to you and say "Hey, let me borrow your equipment for a few minutes. I'll give it right back." I'll say it right now. If you fall for this. You DESERVE to get scammed. Common sense should tell you "Hey, This equipment of mine is really important, should I lend it to somebody I have only known for 3minutes?"
- C.) Reporting a Scam
- In the case you do get scammed because you did not read what I stated above, this is how you should report it.Note: You will NOT get anything back. All we will do is ban the scammer(s) to prevent them from using your scammed items.
- 1.) Have Proof
- As stated in (Section VI. Paragraph B. Subsection 2.) Record your trade. This is the ONLY way your scam case will be looked at by our staff. If there is no proof, we have nothing to go on.
- 2.) Reporting
- To report the scam, visit our Support Center and fill out the form using the subject "Scam Case". We will e-mail you back (to the email you specified) about your case progress. Please do not spam us. We will check the email hourly if possible.
Section VII - Staff Members
- A.) Staff Impersonation
- Our staff members will never ask for your account password Neither do we want you to ever send us your password, this includes in and out of game. Your password is yours only and should not be shared with anyone! Keep in mind that real staff members will have a GM/HD sign ABOVE their head, aswell as "[HD]"/"[GM]" in front of their names. Any other alterations ("(G.M)", "|G|M|", "!GM!") of this is fake!
- Our staff members will NEVER contact you unless you A.) Contact us first, or B.) Ask for help in world/trade chat.
- B.) Current Staff
- As of right now, our current staff members are
Section VIII - Agreement
- A.) By registering an account, downloading our client, and logging into the game, you agree to all of the statements above and will abide by them.
- B.) If you find any part of this policy confusing, feel free to contact us and we will try to clear up the issue.
- C.) If you find any part of this policy unacceptable to you, you can always unistall our client and find another server to play